Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Someday...


     Someday I would love to make my house look pretty again. To have everything properly wiped down, dusted, mopped, swept, and shined. All at the same time.

     Someday I would love to have a nice healthy supper, and Noah's favorite apple pie fresh from the oven to let him know that I really do still love him. 

     Some day I want to have a clutter-free house. No box of papers or stashed away things in funny corners that nobody else can see. At home, these things would have gone to live in Mom and Dad's room for them to take care of. Now that's my room, and its perplexing. 

     Someday, I want to be able to decorate my own house. Not everybody else's where I need to use the nails that somebody else put up for their things that are completely in the wrong spots for mine. I want to bang my own holes in the walls and not have it matter. (I'm not complaining, Danae :))

     Someday I want to know what the problem is every time Kathryn cries, and keep a better handle on my own attitude when she decides its jolly well playtime after her 5:00 a.m. feeding. 

     Someday I want to get over this fear that if I take Kathryn outside, she will get deathly ill and die and it will all be my fault. 

     Someday I want to be able to actually study for Sunday School. Not read the email that lists 15 passages, laugh out loud at the thought of actually getting anything profound to share. Actually to read them, study them, and do my own thinking. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh me too, me too!!! And my baby is still inside of me! I wonder when it gets better again? I cleaned my room today, for the first time in weeks, literally. And I'm feeling very accomplished. But it's the only thing I've gotten done today so far. And I actually went to Sunday school last Sunday, I think it was the second or third time in three months. I sat there feeling dazed. You aren't alone. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we gonna get to see you when you come after Christmas, Francis? For you it does get better a little later on, and then you go back to square one lol:)

      Delete
  2. Again, I can identify! :) And actually, those walls are really annoying to bang holes into because of the weird wallboard that's not sheetrock. It takes some kind of expanding screw thingys, so Tom always did it for me, and he'd get kind of annoyed too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday actually gets here, Carolyn. I liked this post.

    ReplyDelete