Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring has Sprung!

Purple tulips on a white tablecloth, puddles outside, warm weather. Spring is in the air, and I'm really enjoying it. Kathryn likes to go for stroller rides in the great outdoors, and fusses every time we need to go back into the house. I have a feeling that it won't be a punishment for her to play outside this summer! 

We had a lovely visit with my family over the weekend. Noah, Dad, and Kenny built me a gorgeous huge bookshelf. We got the thing stained and into the house yet Saturday night. Now the only problem is I don't have any length of uninterrupted wall big enough to put it on. I put all of my 30 or so books on it, and Noah's books, but the poor thing is only half full :) It now holds photo albums, picture frames, CDs, DVDs, and our vase of sand we poured at our wedding. I kinda like it not filled up. Makes it feel nicely uncluttered. We took Mom and Dad to see the house we are getting. All kinds of ideas came forth on how to make it a much more spacious-feeling home. The basement stairs are parked smack-dab in the middle of the house with the kitchen on one side, and the living room on the other. One brainstorm was to leave the stairs there, but cut the wall down to the height of the counter, and at the end put a breakfast nook or something like that. Thats my favorite yet. The papers are getting signed for this deal on Monday morning.

I tried to bake Paska yesterday. Its a traditional sweet bread with an orange and a lemon served with a special icing at Easter time. I was on the phone as I was making it, and forgot to add the eggs or the sugar. Sweet breads usually have eggs in them, but since this one no longer happened to be sweet, it turned out ok. Now you just kinda need the icing, but thats ok, since without sugar or eggs in the bread it was practically calorie free. Doesn't that make sense? It does to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment