Thursday, April 30, 2015

When We All Work Together

We had a wonderful evening yesterday. The whole church came over and helped us work on our house and yard. The bedrooms were completely scrubbed down, the bathroom rug got pulled out and a new floor put down, and best of all, the walls surrounding the basement stairs (which are in the middle of the house between the kitchen and living room) got cut down. That was really exciting! The walls there are 42 inches high now, and at the end of the stairs we are going to put a bar. When the last of the closet at the end of the stairs came out, they found a pile, like a PILE, of dead mice. twenty or so of them in a clump. That was so gross!! We were told that there had never been a mouse in the house, ever. Well, let me tell you, if thats what you think no mice looks like, you have another think coming! In the yard, my flower beds got dug up, and all the rocks taken out. I don't like rocks. The girls worked there for most of the evening, and they were sure they had dug up at least 100 lbs of small rocks. :) The front yard got raked, and looks much better. That wasn't a small project either, 'cause there were LOTS of leaves there. Last but not least, all the windows got washed from the outside. That was nice, and made a huge difference. Now I just need to do the easy part of washing them from the inside. Thank you, everybody.

In other life, I have been dreaming,

About my garden. The neighbor man gave us fencing to put up around it so I won't get critters in there. I keep thinking of all the potatoes, corn, fresh peas, green beans, and all the other things you plant in gardens.

And about baking stuff. I have been trying to not make unhealthy food, and so baking has become a thing of the past for now. At least baking for us. I like to bake during my I'm-not-sure-what-to-do-right-now moments of my life. You know, when the dishes are done, the laundry is done except for the last load in the dryer that I can't see, the floors are tidy, and you don't feel like sewing. So I dream about delectable things coming out of my oven. Maybe I should take orders. :)

The recipe for this post is 5 Minute Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt.  Its really nice on a warm afternoon, or to finish a big meal.

5 Minute Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt

4 cups frozen peaches
3 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process 5 minutes, or until creamy. Serve immediately, or store in an air-tight container in the freezer up to 1 month.





1 comment: