Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Everyday Life

My baby girl is 6 months old today. She is sitting, and babbling and doing all of her 6 month-old things that she didn't know how to do, didn't know she could do, 6 short months ago. I asked Noah last night if I could bake a half-birthday cake for her. He looked at me with his " I think you're weird, but I'll love you anyway" kind of expression, and then we brainstormed about what kind of cake I should make. He wants a Chocolate Applesauce Cake, but thats a huge, huge recipe. that makes two Bundt cakes. (And I don't really like it but we won't tell him.) I think I'll do a lemony-ish thing.

Kathryn and I went out and raked some of the yard yesterday. I inspected one of the bushes at the edge of the lawn, and sure enough, the leaf buds were opening! There are eensy weensy leaves out there, green as could be. The bleeding hearts are coming up, one seems to be needing some doctoring, but the other is almost 3 inches high, and doing just dandy. The chives are almost ready to be used too. I did start some seeds earlier, and have been trying a little harder than I did last year to get them to live. The result of that is that I gotta transplant the things, and come up with somewhere to put them other than the middle of my livingroom floor so they get sunshine. :)

Noah has been on a making iced coffee spree lately. When he got home from work yesterday, he was tired, so while Kathryn napped, we both had a quick 10 minute refresher snooze as well. Then late in the evening, he made a thing of iced coffee, and later couldn't figure out why he couldn't sleep. But his coffee stuff is super good. I think it tastes just as good as Tim Horton's, maybe even a smidge better. About that, we really need a Tim Horton's in Hayward! Anybody looking for a new business venture?

We went to our new place the other day to mark out the garden plot. That didn't happen. All those trees need to get out before I'll be able to see where the yard actually gets sunshine enough for a garden. There are 25 trees that need to go. After those trees get taken down, I'll be able to have a yard that grass can grow in, that is easy to mow, that looks pretty, and all the wonderful things that come with no trees! I'm not a very good Wisconsinite, are I?

No comments:

Post a Comment